As a mom of 2 fur babies, one of the things I was the MOST excited about was having them look super fresh in some custom Indian outfits on my wedding day. And I am so bummed that it didn’t happen! I had the idea in my head but had no freakin’ clue on where to get started or who could make it for me. So the extra material I purchased went to waste and my dreams of dolling up my babies never came to fruition.
It may not have worked out for me, but a curiosity-fueled dog lehnga trip down the Instagram rabbit hole resulted in some very promising options for the rest of you. Take a look at what we found for you below!
That Dog In Tuxedo
That Dog in Tuxedo has the cutest wedding outfits for your dog. Yes, you do need to provide some measurements to make sure your pooch is comfy and looking his/her best. Specifically you need to submit neck size, tummy size, and body length in inches, your dog’s breed, and a photo. Prices are listed in rupees so have another browser tab open to do your pricing conversions for the pieces that you like.
To answer some of your burning questions about the process of ordering outfits from them to be delivered here, we went ahead and contacted That Dog In Tuxedo for you:
- Shipping to the US: Shipping to the US generally takes 10-12 days to deliver here. Delivery charges will depend on the weight of the product(s) you order. They use DHL and FedEx for shipping.
- Payment: Even though the prices on the site are shown in rupees, the payment process is easy for US-based customers. They accept payment from all major credit cards and PayPal so you can easily pay in USD.
- Customized Outfits: Want your furry one to be all matchy-matchy with you on your wedding day? You can send them any material you have and they can make it happen. Be aware that you have a ton of color options at your disposal to get their outfit matched as close as possible to what you’re wearing.
All photos are from That Dog in Tuxedo’s Instagram page. All pricing below is provided in USD.
Additional measurements for this adorable chaniya choli include (in inches) chest size, waist size, and space between front legs. Priced at $51.04.
The red and gold wedding sherwani – a classic! Also priced at $51.04.
Need to keep your dog close by but don’t wanna cramp their style with their plain old harness? That’s where this beauty comes in. Priced at $23.32.
The Garba of my dreams is to see it filled with dogs dressed in this! Priced at $58.33.
Bow Tie Collection
For the dogs who can’t STAND wearing clothes. Bow ties ranging from $7.28 to $13.11.
Silk Sherwani with Dupatta
Sadly the pagdi is discontinued – but for good reason! It’s just not that comfy for our four-legged babies. The rest of the outfit is priced at $58.33.
Kitty and the Woof Gang
Kitty and the Woof Gang doesn’t have nearly as extensive a selection as That Dog in Tuxedo, but there are still some seriously cute Indian outfits you can get for your dog AND cat. Sizes are pre-determined (meaning no custom measurements required on your part) and you can take a look at their sizing chart here.
- Shipping to the US: Once your payment is processed the order is made and shipped as soon as possible. Shipping itself takes a few days. A specific time frame was not provided.
- Payment: Nominal conversion charges apply for international payments. Also take into account that shipping charges will be added based on the weight of the items you order.
- Customized Outfits: If you have a particular vision in mind for your dog or cat’s Indian outfit, Kitty and the Woof Gang is all ears. They can also create outfits for any other type of animal you may want to dress up for your big day.
All pictures below are from Kitty and the Woof Gang’s Instagram page. Pricing is provided in USD.
Pink and Gold Dress
As close to a salwar-kameez as a dog can get. Price ranges from $26-$49.40.
A two-piece outfit that would be perfect for your Sangeet. Price ranges from $26 – $52.
Maroon Kurta with Gold Vest
Another classic look in a classic color combination. Price ranges from $26 – $42.90.
Complete with an adorable pocket square. Price ranges from $26 – $52.
Tips or comments about this article? Have a topic you want us to research and write about? Drop us an email at [email protected]
Founder & Chief Visionary, proud fur mom of 2, amateur artist, Netflix binger, wino, and chocolate addict.